The Law Office of Alexander M. Jones
Divorce and Family Law
Free Consultation Call 503-798-9795

June 2018 Archives

How to change your name after a divorce

After you file for a divorce, you will probably want to change your name to reflect the change in marital status. While topics on the divorce process are usually well-versed, the process of changing names after a divorce is generally a less discussed topic.

Coping with an emotionally straining divorce

Going through a divorce can be one of the toughest emotional experiences that you will ever have to go through. Many people focus on the importance of getting a good financial result after a divorce. However, it is more vital that you process the divorce in a healthy way and that you get the peace of mind that you deserve.

Proving that an Oregon parent is unfit

When a person is recognized as a biological parent, he or she has assumed parental rights over his or her child. This means that they do not need to prove anything in order to have visitation rights and custody over their child. However, in some circumstances, these rights can be taken away.

Contact The Firm

The Law Office of Alexander M. Jones
117 Commercial Street NE
Suite 280
Salem, OR 97301

Map & Directions